Ever wondered where the “Outhouse” originated? Or how the Portable Restroom Industry got its start? Well, maybe some of these photos and descriptions will help!
New York Man Who Fell Down a Hill
Inside a Portable Toilet Wins Day in Court!
A man who fell down a hill in a portable toilet may have a cause of action against the contractor that leased it, a state court has ruled.
Looking to either buy or sell dirt, plaintiff Joseph A. Fascenelli stopped by a construction site in Katonah, New York, where defendant Eric Asher Co., Inc. was constructing three homes, according to Fascenelli v. Eric Asher Co., Inc.
Mr. Fascenelli spoke with a laborer then asked to use the portable toilet.
After entering, Mr. Fascenelli felt the toilet tip outward. It fell down a hill, causing unspecified injuries. In addition, everything was exhausted from the pot on top of him.
Putnam County Supreme Court Justice Andrew P. O’Rourke denied the defendant’s motion for summary judgment, holding that the company had “not sustained its burden of demonstrating that it had no duty to plaintiff to insure the safe location of the portable toilet at the work site, and thus that defendant [had] not demonstrated entitlement to judgment as a matter of law.”
–source: New York Law Journal
How to bathe a cat
- Thoroughly Clean Toilet
- Lift both lids and add shampoo
- Find and soothe cat as you carry him to bathroom
- In one swift move, place cat in toilet, close both lids and stand on top, so cat cannot escape
- The will self agitate and produce ample suds. (Ignore ruckus from inside toilet, cat is enjoying this.)
- Flush toilet 3 or 4 times. This provides power rinse, which is quite effective
- Have someone open outside door, stand as far from toilet as possible and quickly lift both lids
- Clean cat will rocket out of the toilet and outdoors, where he will air dry.
Sincerely, The Dog.